How To Cuddle With A Girl
How to Cuddle
Cuddling is one of the best means of physical affection; it garners closeness, shows affection, and increases happiness. Cuddling releases a hormone called oxytocin which reduces stress and anxiety, meaning that it increases your mental well being as well. If you've strayed away from cuddling or aren't sure what the best moves to use are, worry no more! Cuddling is easy and fun with a little know-how.
Starting to Cuddle
Start slow.Maybe your partner has been clear that they want to cuddle, or maybe you’re taking the initiative to start your snuggling. Regardless, it is best to start slow. Don’t jump into cuddling - literally, don’t jump on them, no matter how impatient you are. Place a hand on their shoulder, back, or on their waist to show your intent. Rest it there for a few minutes or give a light rub.
- Make sure that your intentions for cuddling are clear. You can place a hand on their shoulder, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you want to cuddle with the person. Caress their arm instead to make sure they understand what you are leading into.
- Remember that cuddling is often a stand-alone activity, and doesn’t necessarily translate into foreplay. Start slow and work till you're comfortable, not with the intention of progressing things past the cuddle stage.
Be aware of environmental factors.So you’ve done the basics, and are ready to proceed into real cuddling. Before you make the transition though, keep in mind important environmental factors. Is it hot out? Because you might have to limit the amount of physical contact you have in order to avoid turning into a swamp monster. Are you on a couch or a bed? Or something else entirely? The amount of space you have to sprawl will change the cuddling positions you can perform.
Get comfortable.You’re about to be held down in a hug for quite some time, so make sure that you’re comfortable first. If you plan on doing some long-term cuddling during a movie or before bed, change into comfortable clothes or grab a cozy blanket. Although you might be resting on the other person, having a pillow present might be a good idea too.
Do a little rubbing.The PG kind; rub your partner's back, legs, or arms in a sensitive and endearing fashion. This may or may not be the same as light massage. The goal here is to make the other person comfortable and interested in further cuddling with you. When you have transitioned into true “cuddling,” you may choose to continue the light rubbing to prolong the positive feelings you both get from it.
Cuddling Like a Professional
Go with the classic, and spoon.The most traditional of all cuddling positions, spooning is popular for a reason: it’s great! Spooning consists of a “big” and “little” spoon, where both partners lay on their sides tucked into each other. The big spoon is the one in the back, and often drapes their arm over the torso of the little spoon.
- Be aware of your heads. Because your heads are nearly even with each other, it is best to stagger them a bit. The big spoon can rest their head on the shoulder of the little spoon, or prop it up on an arm.
- Keep heat in mind. Spooning is one of the greatest heat-generating cuddling positions, because there is so much physical contact. The big spoon may have to hold off wrapping their arm around the little spoon or move their legs back a bit to avoid creating a sweat pool.
Try out the half-spoon.Nearly as classic as a complete spoon, the half-spoon is accomplished with one person laying on their back and the other facing them, laying on their side. The person on their side will likely rest their head on the other’s chest. Intertwine your legs for an even more intimate cuddling session.
Layer up.Best for cuddling in tight spaces, layer your cuddling by having the larger person lay face up. The second person can then rest face-down directly over the bottom half. To avoid suffocation of the lower stack, the top person should stagger their body slightly downwards, so that they can turn their head to the side and rest it on the bottom half’s chest.
Go face to face.One of the most romantic cuddling positions is when you lie towards each other face-to-face. You may lie on your stomachs and turn your heads to the side, or lay on your sides - whatever works best. Increase the romantic feelings swirling around the room by holding hands in the space between your bodies.
Try the star-gazer.You know, you and your partner are out camping or watching a meteor shower, and therefore want to cuddle but both need to see the sky. Lay on your backs next to each other and wrap your legs together. If you don’t mind a dead arm, one of you can slip their arm under the neck of the other person in a half-embrace. You can also hold hands over your torsos or in the space between your bodies. Contrary to the name, this can be done under any circumstance, not just when stargazing.
Lay your head in their lap.This cuddling move is great for when you want to talk and makes maintaining eye contact easier. Have one person sit up, while the other lays down perpendicularly to them with their head resting in their lap. This gives the person sitting up a great opportunity to play with their partners hair or sweetly stroke their face.
Experimenting with Cuddling
Play with their hair.There are few feelings so sweet and nice as when someone plays with your hair. Gender doesn’t matter, simply run your hands through your partner’s hair while you cuddle. This may or may not be a variation of a scalp massage crossed with a finger hairbrush. Playing with your partner’s hair is a certain way of making them happy and comfortable.
Do a little kissing.Kiss your partner in a sentimental fashion, not in preparation for making out. Plant little kisses on their forehead, arms, or hands to show that you love and care for them. This move is sure to leave them swooning and happy to be wrapped up with you.
Practice some massage.Everyone loves a good massage, right? Show your partner some love by gently massaging the areas nearest to you. This will likely be their back, shoulders, or arms. If you don’t want to do any massaging, just rub them back and forth with your hands.
Run your hands down their body.Lightly stroke their body with your fingertips. Run your hands down their torso, along their legs, or along their arms. This is easiest to do from a spoon or half-spoon position, but can accomplished in any cuddling form.
Softly tickle them.Gently tickling your partner will have them squirming and giggling closer to you in no time. Be careful not to take the tickling too far; do it only long enough to show that you’re flirting and that you want them closer to you.
QuestionCan you cuddle for no reason? Like, just for fun?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSure, as long as the other person wants to do it as well.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I cuddle with him on a bus?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJust lay your head on his chest and hold hands.Thanks!
QuestionWhen I'm over my girlfriend's house, I like to cuddle, but I don't know how her mom would feel if we cuddled in front of her. How can I find out?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAsk your girlfriend. She knows her mom and will likely know what her mom will be okay with.Thanks!
QuestionShe's younger than me, and she's still kind of shy. How do I start?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe obvious first step is to see if she if she's comfortable by gauging her reactions or even asking, "Is this okay?" It doesn't matter that she's younger, non-sexual cuddling is okay at any age. Just start by holding her hand or putting your arm around her.Thanks!
QuestionWhy would a lesbian want to cuddle with a straight man?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCuddling is not an inherently sexual activity. Plenty of people like to cuddle with their friends regardless of gender or sexual orientation.Thanks!
QuestionWhy does one tap their fingers on another's body as if they're playing the piano? Does it mean they're anxious?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt might mean that they're playful, and are waiting for your acceptance, or trying to show you that they are. Or, it could mean they're in a position where they don't quite know what to do, it depends on how that person is performing the actions, and their mood.Thanks!
QuestionCan I cuddle with my best friend (who's also a girl) and have it not be awkward?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAbsolutely! Platonic friendship can even be made stronger by physical contact. You'll want to first make sure your friend is okay with it, of course.Thanks!
QuestionMy boyfriend hates cuddling, but I crave it. What should I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLet him know how important cuddling is to you and why you crave it so much. You could also let him know about other types of "cuddling" that might satisfy your need for physical touch. For example, you could lay your head on his lap or just lay your legs across his. Different cuddling positions have different amounts of physical contact, so he can find a position that's more comfortable for him.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I make cuddling romantic?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSpread your arms and let the person know it's okay to touch you, instead of driving them away by creating an uncomfortable atmosphere.Thanks!
QuestionCan I cuddle my best friend who is a girl if I am a boy?AdinaDonatellaCommunity AnswerYes. What you're describing is a platonic relationship (a close friendship that is not romantic or sexual). If you want to cuddle with her, then you should ask and see if she's comfortable with it.Thanks!
- Relax. Your body should be loose and not tense when you cuddle.
- Some people like being hugged from behind.
- Some people are more receptive to affection than others. If the person doesn't cuddle back, either they don't want to cuddle with you or they're just not very comfortable with physical affection.
- Make sure that your hair isn't full of knots, tangles, or grease. It could make your guy not want to play with your hair anymore.
- A simple hug or embrace counts as cuddling! Fit these into your daily regimen whenever possible.
- There isn't just one way to cuddle. Ask your partner and find out what they like. Don't be afraid to ask them, so that you two can discuss the best way for you two to cuddle. Also, discuss your expectations about cuddling. How far they want it to go, what you like when they do and what's appropriate and the places to cuddle. If you are hanging out with your partner and some other friends and you all of a sudden just start sitting on your partners lap and hugging and cuddling, this may make the friends feel uncomfortable.
- Remember some people don't know how to cuddle. Start off slow so you don't freak them out.
- If you're thinking of tickling your partner, make it subtle so it doesn't turn into a tickle fight. That is, unless you are planning are engaging in a tickle fight. In which case, make sure your partner is okay with this. It's important that you don't risk the romantic atmosphere of cuddling for a tickle fight without your partner's consent.
- Make sure you are intimate with this person before you get up close and personal!
- If you're not in a relationship, but you like the person, you can cuddle with them as long as you have their consent.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Français: , Italiano: , Español: , Deutsch: , Português: , Русский: , Čeština: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Tiếng Việt: , العربية: , 日本語: , ไทย:
Video: How to Cuddle?
How to Purchase Liquid Nitrogen
Sitting All Day Can Make Everything Hurt, But Theres a Way to Fix It
The Parmesan Cheese in Your Pantry May Contain Unsafe Levels of Wood
Watch Tom Cruise’s Insane Stunt Work in New Mission: Impossible – Fallout’ Trailer
Mack Horton Disables Instagram Commenting After Chinese Outrage
Sample Description of Car Accident
How to Make Quilling Earrings
How to Use Logarithmic Tables
Estee Lauder x Victoria Beckham Make Up Pouch (940.00)
How to Travel the World
What Kind of Wedding Youre Going to Have Based on Your Zodiac Sign
Short glorious black brown hairstyles with blonde highlights