How To ROCK A Hoodie! (5 Stylish Ways To Wear A Hoodie)
How to Be Stylish in a Hoodie
Hoodies have a reputation for being unstylish, mostly because of the sweatshirt material they are often made of, as well as the loose, frumpy fit that many tend to have. However, in recent years they’ve experienced quite a makeover. There are more options than ever, including designer ones! The keys to making a hoodie look stylish are choosing a good fit, opting for higher quality materials, and pairing them with clothing that both complements and contrasts their casual look.
Selecting a Hoodie Style
Choose a plain hoodie in a dark, neutral color.Hoodies are typically considered to be casual garments, but an easy way to instantly dress them up and add some style is by choosing a dark color like black or dark gray. Dark, plain colors will automatically upgrade the hoodie’s appearance and create a sleeker look. If you pair it with dark denim and basic trainers, you can look both polished and casual.
- Try pairing a dark gray hoodie with black skinny jeans.
- If you find a plain black hoodie to be a bit boring, opt for a dark rich color like maroon or navy.
Select a hoodie made of quality fabric.Hoodies have a reputation for un-stylishness for a few reasons, and one of the major ones is because of the sweatshirt material classic hoodies are made of. There’s certainly nothing wrong with this style of hoodie, but if you want it to look fashionable, step things up with a high quality material. Look for hoodies made of high-end materials like pure cotton jersey, brushed cotton and fleece.
- If you have the extra money to spend, consider a hoodie made of a cashmere-silk blend.
Opt for fitted hoodies.If you want your hoodie to look polished, avoid oversized and ill-fitting versions that bunch up around the stomach area. These will create the illusion of a paunch and look sloppy in general. Look for hoodies that have a slim fit to create a sleek, fashionable silhouette.
- If possible, try a hoodie on before you make a purchase to make sure it fits the way you want it to, especially if you are spending extra money on a high-end fabric.
Choosing Complementary Clothing
Pair it with a dress or skirt.A popular look is the combination of the casual hoodie with something a little fancier, like a dress or miniskirt. The contrast creates an edgy vibe that trendsetters lean toward. Try wearing a zip-up fleece hoodie with a long flowing dress with a girly print, such as a floral. To up the contrast even more, add a pair of combat boots.
- You can also try it with a short, flouncy cocktail dress or lace skirt.
Wear a zip-up hoodie under a black leather biker jacket.Hoodies make great outerwear all by themselves, but they can look more stylish (and keep you even warmer) if you wear one under a nice jacket. Try wearing a black hoodie underneath a black leather jacket. Make sure you pull out the hood, so that it’s visible and hangs down in the back, on top of the jacket.
- If black leather isn’t your style, try wearing a gray hoodie under a denim jacket. It’s important that you still pull out the hood so that it’s visible, though.
Wear it with skinny jeans or dress trousers.This is another trendy style that uses contrast to make a statement. Opt for a slim-fit hoodie, and pair it with skinny jeans or pants that are structured to have a well-tailored look, such as dress trousers. You can even make a slim-fit black hoodie work at the office if you wear it with a pair of nice dress slacks in a neutral color, like gray.
- The hoodie gives your overall look an athletic-wear vibe while still creating a sleek silhouette that looks dressy enough to be considered business casual.
Pair it with sleek shoes.For many, athletic shoes or trainers are the default choice when wearing a hoodie. This can look great, but if you want to create a particularly stylish vibe, wear it with a nice pair of shoes, like black boots, pointy-toed dress shoes or red leather booties. This particular contrast can look very polished. Be sure you stick with a streamlined hoodie that fits snugly to keep your overall silhouette looking sleek.
- You can even opt for a pair of statement shoes, like patent leather combat boots in a shiny blue color. Experiment with any classic dressy shoe in an eye-catching hue.
Wear it with statement sunglasses.An awesome pair of sunglasses can instantly make almost anything look cooler, and that includes a hoodie. Try a pair of high-end dark black cat eye sunglasses, or an oversized pair with round mirrored lenses in a fun color, like bright orange.
- If you have the money to spend, go for a nice pair of designer sunglasses to really amp up the style. However, you can create the same effect with a pair of more affordable sunglasses with a trendy frame.
Try it with a knit cap or beanie.This will keep your head warm during the cold winter months while also creating a cool, street-style inspired vibe. Look for a fisherman style beanie hat in a dark neutral color, like dark gray or black. You can match it to your hoodie, or create a trendy contrast by wearing it with a hoodie in a completely different color. Keep the rest of your outfit simple to complete this look.
- You could also try wearing a plain hoodie with a striped knit cap or beanie to create a different kind of contrast.
Video: How to Wear a Hoodie | 6 Ways
Salt Lamps Could Be the Secret to Feeling Happier At Home
How to Start a Dream Diary
How to Begin Selling Avon
How to Spray Yourself With Deodorant
MORE: The 5 Superfoods to Eat For 5 Common Health Problems
Are you breathing properly
Frisco Handle Planet Friendly Dog Poop Bag, Scented, 120 count
How to Stay Away from Friends Who Are Bad Influences
The Surprising Retro Product That Will Get You Perfect Beachy Hair
How to Sell a Guitar
Study Finds Men Who Consume Energy Drinks Are More Macho
How to Make Brownies Better
How to Sell Lots of Lemonade at a Lemonade Stand
Gujarati mehndi designs for hands – Gujarati henna designs for wedding
Watch The Incredible Moment This Mom Delivered Her Own Baby During Water Birth