❤️ How To Get A Curvy Body🍑 | 4 Exercises For The Ultimate Slim Curvy Body!
How to Get a Curvy Body
An hourglass figure is the epitome of femininity, like Marilyn Monroe and other ‘60s icons. To get a curvy body, you need to accentuate the bust and hips, while cinching the waist and lifting the butt. What you need to do to achieve an hourglass figure will depend upon your starting point, so choose the methods below that apply to your body.
To get a curvy body, start by doing high-intensity 20 to 30 minute interval workouts. For example, instead of running on a treadmill at a medium speed for an hour, use an elliptical machine set on a high intensity for 20 minutes. Pair these high-intensity cardio exercises with workouts that tighten your waist, like the bicycles ab exercise or leg lifts. Finally, end with exercises that sculpt your hips and butt, such as side planks or hip raises.For exercises that will work your upper body and help reduce your overall weight, read on!
Reducing Overall Weight
Do cardio exercise 3 to 4 days per week.Cardio keeps your weight stable while providing muscle toning. Remember that it is impossible to target fat loss in one area of the body; cardio helps you burn fat all over your body.
- You can, however, target muscle growth. Move on to the hip and butt sections to learn how to do this.
Choose interval workouts over moderate intensity workouts.You can increase your fat burning potential by alternating moderate and high intensity. 20 to 30-minute interval workouts can be more efficient than 1-hour medium intensity workouts.
Pick walking, elliptical training, swimming or biking over long-distance running.If you are naturally skinny, high-intensity workouts might burn off the fat in your bust and hips that make you curvier. Choose a total body interval workout or walking to stay in shape without losing muscle mass and hip or bust size.
- Compare the distance you go rather than the time you spend doing the activity for a more accurate value on calories burned.
Consider a cardio plus conditioning workout.Flow yoga, barre method, body sculpt and aerobics can build lean muscle while they burn fat, saving you time in your schedule.
Embrace hills or stairs while you walk, hike or run.They will burn fat and tone your butt, hips, thighs, and calves.
Working Your Upper Body
Do push-ups.Get on the ground and put your hands so your palms are on the floor shoulder-width apart. Keep your feet together. Start with your arms fully extended. Lower your body until your arms are at a 90-degree angle. Straighten your arms to lift yourself back up.
- Try diamond or wide-arm push-ups for more of a challenge.
- If push-ups feel difficult, perform them with your knees on the ground rather than using the balls of your feet.
Work on your overhead press.Stand with your legs hip-width apart with your feet flat on the floor. Keep your arms just outside of your shoulders with your palms facing forward. Shrug your shoulders as you lift a barbell or dumbbells until your arms are fully extended above your head.
- Arch your upper back to raise your chest as you complete these lifts.
- Inhale at the bottom of your lift. Hold your breath at the top of the lift.
- Keep your legs and hips locked during the lift.
- Do a seated press to mostly work your arms and shoulders.
Perform deltoid raises.Hold dumbbells in each hand at your sides. Raise 1 arm in front of you in a slow and steady motion until your arm is parallel to the floor. Hold it there for 1 second before slowly lowering it. Alternate arms to evenly work out your deltoids.
- Keep your back arched so you aren’t hunched over.
- Slow and controlled movement will help work your muscles more than fast movements.
Practice doing Supermans.Lay on your stomach with your arms extended in front of you. Lift your left arm and your right leg at the same time and hold it for 2 counts. Keep your head straight in front of you.
- Repeat this for 12-15 reps for 3 sets.
- Lift your arms and legs at the same time for the full Superman exercise.
- Stretch your back when you’re finished.
Tightening the Waist
Learn the Pilates ab series.Pilates is focused on building deep muscles that will tone and firm your waist. Pull your ab muscles in and up and hard as you can while you lift your chest to the bottom of your shoulder blades during each of these exercises.
- Pilates will help improve your posture and the way you carry yourself.
Start with the Pilates 100.Lay on your back with your legs bent at a 90-degree angle, a pose called “table top.” Pump your arms between your knees and hips for 90 seconds. Breathe in and out 5 times each. Take a short break before starting another set. Do 10 sets total.
- Engage both your upper and lower abs while you pump your arms.
- The Pilates 100 refers to 10 breaths for 10 sets.
Move to the “single leg stretch.” Remain in tabletop position. Activate your abs and lift your head and shoulders. Hug your right leg into your chest while your left leg goes straight out to a 45-degree angle.
- Pull your knee in twice and then switch legs.
- Repeat for 60 seconds.
Continue with the “double leg stretch.” Start in table top while hugging your legs. Lift your head and shoulders off the floor to activate your core. Extend your legs so they are at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Then bring your arms back so they are in line with your ears.
- Hold for 2 seconds and then fold into the starting position.
- Repeat 8 times.
- Your torso should not move during the entire exercise. Only the arms and legs will move in towards your body and away from it.
Follow with the “leg lift.” While laying on your back, place your hands behind your head with your elbows wide. Straighten your legs so that they are sticking straight up.
- Lower them to a 45-degree angle, and then raise them up again.
- Repeat 8 to 12 times.
- If your lower back starts to lift, lower the legs less than a 45-degree angle.
- Place your hands below your hips when you do this exercise if you have lower back problems.
Finish with the “criss-cross.” Lay on your back with your legs at a 90-degree angle, or at the tabletop position. This time, place your hands behind your head with your elbow out.
- Twist your left armpit toward your right leg as it bends in toward your chest.
- Switch legs as you reach your right armpit in toward your left knee.
- Repeat 8 times on each side.
- Lower your legs and arms down and reach them as long as you can on your mat to stretch out your abdominal muscles.
Sculpting Hips and Butt
Embrace strengthening exercises.Do 30 minutes of bodyweight exercises, weight machines or free weights 2 to 3 times a week on nonconsecutive days. Weightlifting in addition to cardio will help to tone muscles in the areas of your choice.
Try butt-toning exercises every other day.Get on all fours on an exercise mat. Lift 1 leg straight out behind you at a low angle.
- Pulse your foot toward the ceiling in small movements for 1 minute.
- Switch legs and repeat.
Exercise your hips every other day.Lay down with your arms flat against the ground. Bend your knees at a 90-degree angle and plant your feet firmly on the ground. Lift your hips so they are parallel with your knees. This is called the bridge position.
- Pull your abs inward and up as you do this exercise.
- Pulse your hips down and raise them up 1 inch (2.5 cm). Repeat for 1 minute.
- Rest and repeat again until you reach fatigue.
Do a 1-minute plank.Get in a pushup position with abs tucked in and up. Hold your body straight for 1 minute while breathing in and out as slowly as possible.
- If 1 minute is easy for you, repeat the plank position 2 or 3 times. You can also try lifting a leg or arm off the floor.
Perform side plank lifts.Hold a side plank, where your body has a straight line from your left arm to your ankles. Lift your hips 1 inch (2.5 cm) and lower them back to the straight line.
- Repeat for 30 seconds.
- Switch to your right side and repeat.
- This exercise tones your abs, obliques, and hips.
- For added benefit, reach your opposite, resting arm above your head to make your side longer and more engaged.
QuestionHow do I reduce stomach fat and get wider hips?
Personal TrainerPersonal TrainerExpert AnswerThe only way to reduce size is to lose fat by eating a reduced calorie diet and exercising regularly. The hips can increase in size by building muscle in the buttocks.Thanks!
QuestionIs it normal to shake when doing side plank lifts?
Personal TrainerPersonal TrainerExpert AnswerYes at first. Your muscles shake because they aren't used to that type of work. Stick with it and when you build your strength they will stop shaking.Thanks!
QuestionI am 15 and also black, how can I get curves and how can I look my age?Norie LoveCommunity AnswerJust work out more and do squats. Maybe put on a little bit of weight to increase your thighs and butt. It may not be advisable to use waist trainer at your age, though.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I reduce all the fat from my thighs and stomach in just two weeks?Community AnswerDue to body fat re-positioning, it can be hard to decide where you want to lose weight from. Just focus on a regular cardio routine, and the weight should drop from all over.Thanks!
QuestionSo. People think I'm 10-12 years old, but I'm sixteen. It really bothers me. How can I look like I'm 16?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMaybe you should update your wardrobe with some more classic pieces. It always helps to wear more mascara and maybe some eyeliner.Thanks!
QuestionDo you have any exercises to get rid of hips dips?REPRESSED TEARSCommunity AnswerSide leg lifts, lunges, donkey kicks, sumo squats, curtsy lunges, and crossover extensions all help build muscle around that area.Thanks!
How do I get curvier as a teenage girl?
How do I get back my curvy body after giving birth?
How long will it take to work with this method?
How can I do this and have a flat tummy?
- Lower your upper body and hug your knees to your chest if your neck gets tired during the Pilates ab series. Rest for 10 seconds. Try to look down at your stomach muscles and pull them in tighter. As you repeat the series, you will start to build strength in the stomach and you can do more exercises in succession.
- To complete the hourglass figure, you will need to have the appearance of a large bust. You can use push-up bras if you want to enhance the size of your chest and get a more dramatic curve between your waist and your bust.
- You can also purchase butt-enhancing underwear. These panties include padding in the butt to accentuate the curve between your buttocks, hips, and waist.
Things You'll Need
Free weights/exercise machines
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Deutsch: , Français: , Português: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: 10 Exercises For Getting Curves | How To Get A Curvy Body Naturally
8 Ways Exercise Can Help Manage Type 2 Diabetes
How To Enhance Your NaturalBeauty
MS might not be as unpredictable as we think
RANKING: The healthiest Halloween candy
10 Christmas Party Appetizers
These Disney Princesses Are Coming Back to Theaters Because Life is Occasionally Magical
How to Live a More Environmentally Friendly Lifestyle
23utterly amazing natural phenomena that are seemingly impossible
A Workout for Every Mood
When Youre a Hot Mess and Need Coverage, This Is What You Need