Northern Trust - Investment Compliance Monitoring
How to Invest With Northern Trust
Northern Trust is a publicly-held investment company that originated in the year 1889. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Northern Trust provides investment services that include asset management for corporate entities, personal investments for individuals and families, and much more. One may open an investment account with Northern Trust through the mail or by wire. Use this article as a guide for investing your money with Northern Trust.
Before Investing with Northern Trust
Gather the funds.Northern Trust imposes a minimum funding requirement for opening an account.
- You'll need at least ,500 (roughly 1,900 euros) with which to make an initial investment. If you want to invest through the Automatic Investment Plan, you can start with 0 (190 euros). With that plan you will need to invest an additional (38 euros) or more per month.
- Have at least 0 (380 euros) available if you plan on opening an Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
Read the Northern Trust prospectus.This contains detailed and explicit information on services, policies, and procedures regarding Northern Trust investments and transactions.
- Visit the "Northern Funds" website cited below in the Sources section of this article. Click on "Read the Prospectus" on the right under "Related Links."
- If you would prefer to order the prospectus by telephone, call the Northern Funds Center at 1-800-595-9111.
Fill out a new account application.The information required will vary according to the type of account you are opening. For example, an account for a corporation may require you to provide a corporate resolution or certification; an individual account will require more personal information.
- Go to the "Northern Funds" site listed below. Click on the link that reads "Select a New Account Application" on the right.
- Select and print the appropriate new account application.
- If you prefer, you can contact the Northern Funds Center by calling 1-800-595-9111.
Pick your investment(s).The individual investor has many options available. Northern Trust employs financial advisors who can help you pick investments that are right for you. Alternatively, you can seek the counsel of outside advisors, either in person or online. Know what you're doing before you commit money to any investment.
- Note that any worthwhile investing advice will come with a price tag. Outside advisors will charge you a fee. Northern Trust advisors' fees are indirect but present nonetheless.
Investing by Mail
Write a check payable to Northern Funds in the amount you wish to invest.The check must be made payable in United States currency with funds drawn on a U.S. bank. Money orders, third-party checks, and traveler's checks are not accepted.
Place the check and your new account application into a mailing envelope.
Address and mail the envelope to:Northern Funds, P.O. Box 75986, Chicago, Illinois, 60675-5986. Northern Trust will promptly send you a welcome packet with more information regarding your new account.
- If you want to send an overnight delivery, address the envelope to: Northern Funds, 801 South Canal Street C-5S, Chicago, Illinois, 60607.
Investing by Wire
Call Northern Funds at 1-800-595-9111 to request wiring instructions.These will vary depending on the kind of account you are opening and the financial institution you are using to wire funds.
Place your account application in an envelope, and mail it to:Northern Funds, P.O. Box 75986, Chicago, Illinois, 60675-5986. You will receive a welcome packet from Northern Trust that provides you with additional information about your new account.
- Work with Northern Trust to have funds from your paychecks regularly deposited into your account. This will make investing quite easy and will facilitate dollar-cost averaging, a popular and wise investing tactic.
- To receive additional assistance with any of the steps outlined in this article, call the Northern Funds Center at 1-800-595-9111.
Video: Northern Trust Is Helping Hedge Funds Invest in Cryptocurrencies
New York Woman Got Married 10 Times, Divorced Zero
Holiday Gifting 2012: 15 Finds For The Die-Hard Twilight Lover in YourLife
15Incredible Animals Whose Bravery Saved People’s Lives
How to Act Happy
Spiced Chicken Kebab and Lime Coleslaw
Meghan Markle con labito a sirena Safiyaa preziosissimo scopre le spalle alla serata di gala londinese
How to Age Cheese
How to Diagnose Mastitis in Dogs
Ginger and Soy–Braised Short Ribs