How to make flower vase out of cardboard || Cardboard crafts tutorial at home || DIY Flower vase
How to Make a Vase out of Starburst Wrappers
Assemble everything you need.You really only need to go shopping for Starbursts at the candy section in any grocery store. Everything else is usually laying around the house. So basically, here are your ingredients: About one bag of Starbursts, a clean empty jar, white liquid glue, like Elmer's (not a glue stick), water, and a paintbrush.
Lay down the newspaper.This project does involve a lot of glue so it would be a good idea to put newspaper down on the surface you're working on.
Unwrap the Starbursts.It is best to unwrap them as you need them to avoid being wasteful.
- Put the Starbursts in an airtight bag so you do not waste the candy. Or you can do the preferred method where you eat the candy as you go along!
Glue the wrappers.Get the paintbrush and dip it in the glue. Brush the back of the Starburst wrapper, covering all the corners. Then place the Starburst wrapper on the jar. You can put on the Starburst wrappers in any way, so they're overlapping, next to each other, or any other way.
Continue putting the wrappers on the jar until it is completely covered.
Let all the wrappers dry onto the jar.This is very important before you go on to the next step.
Mix the water and the glue to create a paste.This should be about one part glue and one part water. You may have to alter this so it's not too thin or thick.
Dip the paintbrush in the glue paste and coat the entire jar with it.Once you've done so the project will look like a horrible mess, but it will look better because the glue does dry clear. When it does dry, paint another coat on. You will be repeating these two steps about five times until the final coat dries.
You now have your lovely vase!This vase can hold pencils, flowers or anything else. This is also just good for decoration. Remember you can do this with just about anything you want to do with it, not just a vase or jar.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- The best glue to use is Elmer's white glue because it drys clear. Do not use tacky glue, a glue stick, or any other type of glue.
- You can use any other candy wrapper similar to the texture of the Starburst wrappers.
- Use a smaller brush to brush the glue on to the wrapper and a larger one to coat the jar with the glue and water solution.
- This project is obviously not machine washable! Do not clean this vase with any use of water, Just simply wipe the inside down with a dry towel.
- Do not assume you can just paper mache with this project.
Video: How to Make Flower Vase Out of Paper_ DIY Simple Paper Craft _ Awesome Flower Vase Make with Paper
Change Your Attitude, Change Your Weight Loss Results
5 Low-Cost, High-Impact Accessories Im About to Add to My Wardrobe
What Are Healthy Choices for Grazers
Rochas Pre-Fall 2019 Collection
8 award-winning images of the great outdoors
How to Be Scene for Starters
20Hilarious Reasons Why You May Want toRethink Getting aGerman Shepherd
How to Bake Eggs in Muffin Tins
How to Get an Upgrade to First Class
How to Repair a Crack in Granite
Date: 06.12.2018, 17:23 / Views: 65292