Turkey Wing Gravy Recipe -- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy for Thanksgiving
Make-Ahead Turkey Gravy
This star-worthy gravy is made by simmering turkey wing drippings with chicken broth, chopped carrot and onions, and dried thyme. Serve half the batch with dinner and save the rest—it can be stored in the freezer for up to a month.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Put wings in a single layer in roasting pan; scatter onions on top. Roast 1 1/4 hours or until wings are browned.
- Put wings and onions in 3-qt saucepan. Add water to roasting pan; stir to scrape up any brown bits on bottom. Add to saucepan. Add 6 cups broth (refrigerate remaining 2 cups), the carrot and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove wings. When cool, pull off skin and meat. Discard skin; save meat for another use. Strain broth into saucepan; skim fat off broth.
- Whisk flour into remaining 2 cups broth until mixture is well blended and smooth.
- Bring broth in saucepan to a gentle boil. Whisk in flour mixture; boil 5 minutes to thicken gravy. Stir in butter and pepper.
- Freeze gravy up to 1 month. Reheat. You can add fat-skimmed drippings from a freshly roasted turkey.
Video: MAKE AHEAD TURKEY GRAVY
How to Use a Front Kick for Self Defense
Ditch The Pooch 15 Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat Tighten Your Tummy
Holiday Gifts for Every Fashion Persona
Slow Cooker – 13-Bean Burgoo Stew
Letter to new graduates
Our silence is a form of consent
This Woman Made Over 20,000 Because She Looks LikeRihanna
Massimo Dutti Unveils Evening 2015 Collection
Ryan Seacrest Accused of Sexual Abuse and Harassment By Former E Stylist
Roo Apron Giveaway
How to Become an Equity Analyst
Etro Fall 2019 RTW Is About Nineties London Grunge