Snowball Cookies with Mommy & Mia
Yields: 4 dozen | Serving Size: 2 cookies | Calories: 118 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 1mg | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints: 5
- 1 cup organic unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup organic confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, ground fine
- Additional confectioners sugar, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and extract. On low speed, mix in the flour and walnuts until just combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet, 1 inch apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cookies just begin to brown. Remove from oven and cool. Roll in additional confectioners sugar.
- NOTES and TIPS: If dough is difficult to form into a ball and is crumbly, add a little warm water one tablespoon at a time until dough is easier to handle. Other nuts, such as pecans and almonds, can be substituted for walnuts. For a chocolate option, decrease flour to 2 cups and add 1/4 cup cocoa powder to mix.
Video: Easy Christmas Snowballs - Pecan Balls - So Easy, ANYONE Can Make These
How to Turn off the TV During Summer
Home Interior: Modern Minimalist Decor Style In West Lake Hills, Texas
Vivienne Westwood joins anti-nuclear march
How to Wear a Diamond Ring
How to Pamper Yourself on a Budget
How to Track a MoneyGram Money Order
How to Spend Less Than 1,000 a Year on Food
Questions You Should Answer If You Are Considering Divorce
How To Tie A Scarf In 5 DifferentWays
How to Make a Rock Garden in a Trough